Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Day-70, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Since we have been to Fort Lauderdale a few times, we decided to rent a car with Dennis and Anthea and go to the Sawgrass Mills. It is a large outlet mall with over 300 stores. The Day before we got to Florida, I began to realize that I was very excited to step on USA soil. There is no place like home! (Even if it is not California) We enjoyed our day in Sawgrass mills but we only had about 4 hours to shop which was not enough time. I was just getting started and it was time to leave. We did run into a few of our friends from the ship. Sawgrass mills is a nice mall and would have enjoyed more time there. So we had to head back to the ship and I must say that I had been a little bit worried about driving again after 4 months of not driving and having been in counties were they drive on left side of the rode. I have to tell you that it had started looking that the left side was the right side. I am happy to report that it is like riding a bike, you don't forget. It was like I had been driving on the busy freeways every day. I did ask Dennis if I was scaring him and he said yes, only because it looked like I was driving on the wrong side of the rode.(He and Anthea are from New Zealand where they drive on the left side) I got us back in time and in one piece. After the sail away the Capitan informed us that due to Hurricane Emily we were being diverted from our next port Cartagena, Colombia which would have put us in the storm's path. Instead we are headed to Colon, Panama for an overnight stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment