Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Los Angeles, California USA

Day 82- Los Angeles, CA USA

We had been looking forward for weeks to meeting our daughters, Jana and Christy, my good friend Maryan and my God daughters Shirley and Barbara at this port. Plans have a way of changing. Instead just as importantly we met with our daughter Christy and her New Husband Francisco! A week before we arrived, Christy told us that she had gotten married. We are pleased to announce, that she married a very nice man (Francisco) that we welcome to the family. Francisco and Christy met us at the cruise terminal. He was holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers standing next to our beautiful daughter. We had a pleasant day with them. Francisco made points taking me to Steinmart where he and Randy were patient while Christy and I shopped for a few Item (Randy just pointed out that it was 11 items of clothing) that I needed. They took us to lunch and then we went to their home. They live one block for the beach in a charming orange county beach town. It was a beautiful sunny day in Southern California. The town reminds me of Santa Barbara, CA where I grew up. We spent some time at their home and before we knew it, it was time to head back to the ship. We only have three more weeks on the cruise ship. We both feel that the time has flown by. Next Port Honolulu, Hawaii

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed following your blog and all of the others that are linked to this wonderful adventure! We leave on our own two weeks from today when we fly to Vancouver to board Radiance of the Seas for Hawaii, Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Auckland and Sydney.

    We live in Santa Barbara! If you went to La Cumbre Jr. High I was probably one of your teachers.

    Frank Brownie sbalax@cox.net

    ReplyDelete