Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Great Barrier Reef

We left Port Douglas today at 10am. We were on a large high speed Catamaran; we arrived in about 90 mins to the Agincourt Reef. It is considered the Outer Barrier Reef. What a sight to see! I counted 9 different blues in the water as we looked out on the Reef, it was beautiful. Quicksilver Tours took us out to their activity platform. They do a great job with the tour. First off we took the semi-submersible vessel and right off I saw a sea turtle, butterfly fish, zebra fish and Nemo among others and the biggest display of coral that I have ever seen. The Marine Biologist told Randy that the Reef is as long as California. When we got back to the platform we had a nice seafood lunch and then we suited up in the stinger suits, picked out our snorkel gear and headed out on the reef. As I was snorkeling I thought WOW, the coral and fish were so exciting. We are so glad that we got to visit the Great Barrier Reef. The pictures of the reef do not do it justice. I took the pictures through glass.

1 comment: